The UOE Trade Fair is back!
The agribusiness industry is big and has A LOT of things going on.
I love agriculture and talk about it all the time but I sometimes lose track of how many innovations are out there.
One efficient reminder that constantly keeps me in the loop is the University of Eldoret annual Agri-business Trade Fair (ABTF) held every year in Eldoret, UOE grounds.
This year the Trade Fair was reopened after a two years break necessitated by the COVID-19 restrictions.
The Agri-business Trade Fair, in its 15th year, has grown to become the most attended agribusiness event in the North Rift region. The trade fair is a major outreach / CSR event in the University calendar with the aim of giving back to the community through training and practical exhibitions from the agribusiness industry players and academia to enhance food and nutritional security.
During the 3-day event, the University hosts farmers and interested partners from the neighboring counties by creating a conducive atmosphere for learning new technological agribusiness innovations as well as an opportunity to interact directly with the agribusiness industry partners.
What goes on at the Trade Fair
One cool thing that also goes on at the UOE Trade Fair is that they give you practical agribusiness solutions to help you boost your productivity and increase your income. This is one of the main reasons I actually attend. To find better ways to improve my life through agriculture.
Some of the great opportunities presented that farmers can benefit from including;
- Avocado farming exhibitions.
- Irrigation and pump technologies.
- Black Soldier Flies: How to raise them.
- Fish farming and how to feed them sustainably.
- Farm mechanization.
- Livestock and related equipment.
- Value addition of farm products.
After my experiences there today, I am more convinced than ever that you must include at least one event like this on your calendar every year especially if you want to be a leader in your industry.
Reasons to attend UOE Trade Fair 2022
- You will get great exposure to various agricultural opportunities available in Kenya. The UOE Trade Fair has exhibitors who are currently market leaders in Kenya. This is also a good place to search for employers if you are looking for a job 🙂
- Get a chance to meet new people in the same field as you. I got to meet farmers who keep goats and grow avocados like myself. It was refreshing to learn alongside them and hear diverse opinions on various matters.
- You can build lasting business relationships that will boost your work. I got to meet exhibitors who were willing to provide custom services for mutual benefit. This will provide me with hands-on expertise and wisdom.
- Interacting with market leaders will give you the inspiration to work harder and be more innovative as an entrepreneur. It’s not easy to find someone who understands your work like other farmers.
The event runs from 22nd – 24th September 2022. Tomorrow is the last day.